Thank you for being part of the ACD community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines.
ACD Connect is a College-enabled forum for Fellows and Trainees to mutually exchange ideas and seek information. The collective wisdom of our membership is a valuable resource for learning. Open discussion and healthy debate on topics is encouraged as debate creates learning, if done with intent to learn.
The forum is to be a safe place to express an opinion. Professionalism displayed in this forum is integral to the maintenance and enhancement of collegiality amongst Fellows of the College and reflects on the reputation of College.
The forum has proved to be a very useful learning tool and as such, participation attracts CPD points.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
- Due to copyright please only include the link to a journal article (i.e. PUBMED or journal homepage). Do not attach the articles unless they are open access.
- Post what you believe would stand up to community, AMC and legal scrutiny
- Ensure that all clinical photographs are de-identified
- Ensure that patient confidentiality is maintained
- Should you disagree or take issue with a post, respond to the content and its logic without commentary on the person posting or in a manner that is derogatory or deprecatory.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
ACD Connect is a College resource. College resources are not to be used for:
- Personal gain, such as market research or advertising or promoting a product, service or business
- Airing complaints and concerns; please direct these privately to the Honorary Secretary
- Political purposes
- Personal discussion eg. pets, holidays, family, sport
- Discussion about Trainees
- Distribution of non-medical pictures, text, links or cartoons
- Sourcing donations
- Personal correspondence to another member – please refer to ACD member directory for individual email addresses
- Posting discriminatory, self-deprecating or denigrating remarks, comments designed to be-little, humiliate, intimidate or discourage. Such content violates the College Code of Conduct and the Board approved Anti-Discrimination, Bullying and Harassment Policy, and may be grounds for a grievance to be lodged by an aggrieved party or for College to directly intervene as below.
- Please refrain from posting or responding to non-College sanctioned surveys where results may not be representative of the College fellowship as a whole. Information gained from surveys not distributed by College remains the property of the distributor and College is unable to vouch for the security of this content.
College bears the responsibility for the content of information of the e-group which is considered to be a public forum.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of The Australasian College of Dermatologists. The Australasian College of Dermatologists is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by The Australasian College of Dermatologists or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall The Australasian College of Dermatologists be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants The Australasian College of Dermatologists and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
The Australasian College of Dermatologists does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of The Australasian College of Dermatologists we will take all appropriate action.
The Australasian College of Dermatologists reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.